Always Searching For Inspiration

Thursday, December 22, 2011

How to Grow Out a Pixie or Very Short Haircut.



  Well it's been almost a year since my last blog post and about 6 months since I chopped all of my hair off. I loved it! For summer, a cool short style is definitely the way to go, especially if your hair is as thick as mine, but I went from Rihanna-esque to straight pixie, and I just wasn't feeling it anymore.
This is what I looked like last summer:







Then I had  a mini long-haired-girl-who's-never-had-short-hair-crisis and decided I wanted it "all off"




I would like to point out right now that Victoria Beckham and I have one thing in common: the funny way we pose in pictures, It's a little ridiculous.


So after having to come to the realization that I wanted to grow my hair back out, I dyed it (cause growing out platinum blonde is in no way easy, or quick) and found some interesting ways to style it so as not to feel like a frumpy, crazily thick short-haired girl. Here are some creative ways to help with the awkward "growing out" stage.


One of my favorites is the bandana:



   





I took this retro look from a Rosie the Riveter Tutorial made by my favorite makeup artist Kandee Johnson 





Or... if you're feeling really crazy you could always try wigs, hairpieces, hats or really big (but not heavy) statement earrings.



This one was definitely an impulse buy, not real hair but it did the trick! I got this wig from Abantu, one of the best suppliers of real and synthetic wigs, extensions and a lot of their products are also really affordable. 



This is a clip-on hairpiece from Jessica Simpson's hair do line (everything in front of the head band is mine, and the rest is a clip-in extension)



Edie Sedgwick has always been a big fashion icon for me, and she always rocked her short hair, no matter which stage it was in. Why have short hair if you're not going to wear big earrings?



And my final pictorial example, the incomparable Audrey, who made me feel like having short hair was the sexiest look possible



And if you want to play it low key and plain and simply rock what you got, just remember, hair shaping and styling products (ex. pomade) are your best friend right now!

Happy Holidays! Here's to new years and style transformations.

Elizabeth


Ps. Please don't forget to fill out the beauty survey on this page, I really want to know what y'all think! Comments and questions are always welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment